This Acceptable Use Policy (“AUP”) sets out the terms and conditions under which authorized parties may submit Content into Workday environments. This AUP is legally binding on all users of Workday products, services, or features for which the applicable agreement or order form link to this AUP (“Workday Products”). Workday may revise this AUP at any time and will update the “Last Updated” date at the bottom of this page when it does so. It is your responsibility to check this page and take notice of any changes.
You may use the Workday Products only for lawful purposes and in accordance with the terms of this AUP, the applicable agreement under which your access to the Workday Products is provided and any other terms posted on the Workday Products. You may not use the Workday Products:
- in any way that breaches or promotes the breach of any applicable local, national, or international law or regulation;
- in any way that is unlawful, fraudulent, or misleading;
- to sell or advertise the sale or purchase of any goods or services;
- for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
- to knowingly or recklessly upload, share, or transmit any data or material that contains viruses, spyware, adware, Trojan horses, worms, corrupt files, or other similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of the Workday Products or any computer software, hardware or networks;
- in any way that seeks to circumvent, disable, or otherwise compromise the security of the Workday Products, any user account or any password; or
- to upload, send, or distribute unsolicited messaging, including SMS, emails or comments.
Intellectual Property Rights
Any and all data, information or materials (“Content”) that you upload, contribute, submit or add (“share”) to the Workday Products, including in any interactive services (such as forums, chat rooms, and bulletin boards), must be your own original work in which you own the entire right, title, and interest and/or you must have all necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to use and exploit, and to authorize Workday to use and exploit, such Content.
Content must not infringe the copyright or other intellectual property rights, including but not limited to any patent, copyright, moral right, database right, trademark right, design right, trade secret rights in passing off, or rights of privacy, publicity, or confidence, of any third party. You must not engage, advocate, promote, or assist in any copyright infringement recognized by applicable laws as being prohibited or unlawful.
You may not use Workday’s trademarks, logos, or other intellectual property without Workday’s express written permission.
Content must not:
- contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hurtful, inflammatory, or defamatory;
- promote sexually explicit or pornographic material;
- promote, violence or any form of bullying or harassment, including threats, abuse, or invasion another’s privacy;
- promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age;
- impersonate any individual or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or entity, or give the impression that information emanates from Workday (if that is not the case); or
- be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
Complying with this Policy
Workday is under no obligation to monitor, review, filter, moderate, or remove any Content from the Workday Products. Workday reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine whether or not you have abided by the spirit and principles of this AUP and will take whatever action it deems appropriate under the circumstances, including but not limited to:
- immediate suspension of your right to upload Content to the Workday Products;
- immediate removal of any Content uploaded by you to the Workday Products;
- taking legal action against you or the entity you represent; or
- disclosure of relevant information to law enforcement authorities.
If you have any questions or disclosures relating to this Acceptable Use Policy, please contact Workday at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Last updated: August 23, 2018)